Like any other marketer, you have probably heard about influencer marketing or just the world influencer crowding the search engines.
If you haven’t, well…
What is influencer marketing?
Influencers are well respected and trusted individuals that are sought for opinions from typical pioneers online about a certain topic well known by the influencer.
They provide their opinion via their channel of preference being that it can be on their blog, social media or wherever else they can be useful for their people.
Why should this even matter to your business, you ask?
Well, dear reader, influencers can recommend your services or products to their pioneers and truly help your brand grow in ways that you wouldn’t imagine.
Yeah, their pioneers trust them to recommend amazing and beneficial services/products and once they see your brand in their post… Tada, the magic begins.
What is influencer marketing?
Influencer marketing is the strategic business of connecting brands with the right influencers for their services or products as a way of increasing brand awareness or/and customers.
This branch of marketing is not just for the big guys that can easily afford to connect and do business with celebrities. You don’t need a Kardashian to recommend your business so to spread brand awareness… you have other ways of doing it without spending nice bucks.
This is where micro-influencers come into the spotlight…
What or who are micro-influencers?
Micro-influencers are influencers with less, but active and amazing, followers than the typical big vloggers, social media gurus and whatnot.
Don’t be fooled by the word ‘less’; their follower numbers usually range from – depending on their channel – 2000 to 100000.
Be warned, though, that the overall numbers of followers should not be your main concern. Nah, their post engagement (likes, shares, comments and whatnot) should be what you seek to focus on.
For all you know, they could have bought followers and have a poor engagement rate.
A great micro influencer has a loyal fan base that interacts with them and is truly interested in what the influencer has to say. So, by forming a relationship with one of these special ones, you can reach that loyal fan base and make it useful for your brand.
Now that we got that out of our way…
Reasons why you should consider partnering with a micro-influencer:
- Brand Awareness: Having a business is great but having people aware of it is better and with your brand displayed on a micro-influencer’s page with the mix of a great and valuable message used to promote your business, your brand will look more trustworthy and be known.
- Trust: Micro-influencers and their words are truly trusted by their fan bases so, if a micro-influencer spreads the word that your brand is trustworthy, their fanbase will believe that it is trustworthy.
- Spotlight moment: Since micro-influencers have a great engagement rate, there is a chance that a conversation about your brand will emerge. The more eyes you have on your brand and mouths spreading the word about it, the better it will be for you as you will create this great buzz around your brand. You know, go viral within your industry.
- No Ad Blockers: Let’s not fool ourselves, Ad blockers are a pain to the patooty most of the times. You spend your time, creativity and effort on creating a great Ad for just to be blocked without any mercy. We feel you. However, with influencer marketing, your message will be well delivered without the potential customer feeling forced to see it; it will come naturally to them because it was delivered by an individual they trust to care for their time.
- Long-Term Success: Micro-influencers have this spunk in them that make sure that whatever they say sticks in their followers’ mind. With that said, with your message in their mind for weeks or even years, you will have long-term success because there will be a higher chance of you retaining those customers/followers.
- Measurability: Nowadays, everything can be measured (you can thank Google Analytics and other helpers for that) so, your progress with your chosen micro-influencer can also be measured.